Do you want to travel to Canada? Well, the first thing you have to keep in mind is that to enter the country, you need a visa. And depending on what you want to do in Canada, you must apply for one or the other.Here in this article, all the Canada visa types are described below for you.
Aspects to consider Canada visa types
Aspects that will condition the type of visa you are going to apply for in Canada:
- The purpose of your stay: travel, study, work, life
- How long do you want to stay: short, medium, or long term?
- Your age and your nationality
- Your training and experience
- Your level of English
- Your financial solvency
What Are The Types Of Visas Of Canada?
There are many types of visas. In this post, we will explain the five that may interest you the most:
1. As a student:
- It costs 150 CAD.
- The student visa is very beneficial if you want to stay in Canada for more than 6 months. It also allows you to combine it with a job, in case you are studying for a diploma or higher. You can work either part-time (20 hours a week) during the school period or full-time during the holidays.
- There are programs such as the CO-OP diplomas imoji in Colleges that also consist of paid professional internships related to the studies you are doing.
- If you have a partner, he or she may request a Work Permit. It will allow you to work while you study, as long as you are enrolled in a Public College or University.
- It allows you to opt for the Post Graduation Work Permit. It is a kind of visa that allows you to stay in the country and work full time for a certain period.
2. Visa working holiday
- The Working Holiday visa is used to study and work in Canada for one year.
- For this visa, you must be between 18 and 35 years old and have a passport from the countries that participate in the International Experience Canada (IEC) program.
- You can request it directly through the Government of Canada, which awards them by lottery.
3. Post-graduation work permit
Canada not only offers you the opportunity to work while you study, but it also allows you to stay to work after completing your course with the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).
In addition to providing valuable professional experience in the country, this can also be the gateway to your permanent residence in Canada.
This visa can last between 8 months and 2 years.
To obtain it, you must:
- Have studied a university course lasting at least 8 months.
- Said study program must have been carried out in an institution authorized for it.
- Request it up to 90 days after the end of your course.
4. Tourist visa
If what you are looking for is to visit Canada as a tourist or do short-term studies, what you need is a tourist visa.
- It allows you to visit the country as a tourist for a maximum of 6 months.
- It enables you to study for a maximum of 6 months.
- Enter and leave the country without limit.
- It doesn’t allow you to work.
What type of visa do I need?It will depend on your nationality.
People who meet the following criteria can apply for the visa:
eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)
- People from selected countries
- Cost: 7CAD
- People from selected countries (in this case, biometric tests must be presented)
- Cost: 100CAD
5. Partner visa
– If you want your partner to go with you to Canada, you can use your Study Permit so that your partner can travel as a visitor.
– Your partner will be able to work.In case you study in a public school if he/she processes the work permit, which will last the same as your student visa will last. You can also study English.
These are the most common Canada visa types. However, there are other types of visas focused on work or residence.For those, we recommend that you consult with a registered immigration agent.They will make sure you have the right kind of visa for your safety.