5 Remote Work Tools to Work from Home
To start our guide to efficient and pleasant teleworking, we would like to introduce you to the tools we use daily, which allow us to communicate, exchange with our customers, share information, images, and Workpuls.com tools for employee monitoring even more efficiently than if we were together the same office.
RecordCast, to create recordings of your presentations
RecordCast is a remote work tool that allows you to record your computer screen, your voice, and even your webcam, then download the video. We often use it, for example, to create to present our clients with demos or even to present them with a project proposal that we would have previously presented to them in person.
In a few clicks, we record our screen’s video, describing the various information, then the program allows us to edit the video with a built-in video editor. Thus, he can watch the video at his convenience and watch it as many times as he wishes.
On RecordCast, we like
- It is not necessary to install an application: everything is done in the browser
- Ease of use: With a simple click, you record your screen, sound, and video
- It is possible to record both the screen and the webcam simultaneously
- The ability to edit videos: shorten them and add stickers and caption texts
- The ability to download videos in mp4
Slack, the essential communication tool for remote teams
If there was to be just one tool to make remote working easier, it would be Slack. It allows you to fight the team’s number 1 enemy from a distance: the endless email chains. Slack is a collaborative chat tool, which allows the whole team to communicate instantly.
Just create channels for the different projects you’re working on and invite your team members to join them. You can exchange information about the project, share documents and images. The time saving is enormous: no more internal emails, easy to find information and documents.
On Slack, we like
- The time savings generated by deleting internal emails
- Ease of finding information and documents
- Centralization of communications
- The possibility of marking a message as unread for post-processing
Whereby, the ability to record voice notes
Whereby, free video conferencing, GDPR compliant, and without software installation
We use the Whereby platform for our video conference calls. The big advantage of Whereby over Zoom? No need to download an app. All you have to do is create a virtual conference room, copy/paste the link, and share it with your interlocutor who opens it in their browser.
On Whereby, we like
- No installation is required. Just click on the link, and everything is done in the browser
- Once the link is created, it is valid indefinitely: no need to recreate a link each time
- The possibility of recording conferences (paid version only)
- The possibility of organizing conferences with more than 4 participants (paid version only)
Google Drive, the magic of the Cloud
Our business is almost entirely managed by the Cloud. We can access it from anywhere and without any risk of losing information if something goes wrong with our computers. Our Google Drive is organized as an internal server, with one file for each project.
What about information security on Google Drive? It all depends on the sensitivity of the information you are dealing with. The most common problem is the security of passwords. Make sure the passwords your employees use are complex enough not to be easily guessed and well-kept secret. In addition, we recommend that you implement two-factor authentication.
If in doubt, don’t put your most confidential files in the Cloud.
On Google Drive, we like
- Easy access to information, ideal for working from anywhere
- The ability to provide access to files and documents by simply sharing a link
- The ability to edit documents collaboratively, which avoids getting lost between the different versions
- The search function which makes it possible to find documents easily
Skype number, to use your mobile phone as a landline
Skype offers a paid service, which allows you to create a landline number linked to your Skype account with the code of your choice. It allows you to answer incoming calls from the Skype app, no matter where you are. Ideal when some members of your team are not attached to your office.
With the Skype number, we like:
- The ability to call our customers with our corporate landline numbers from our mobile phones, wherever we are
- The subscription includes free calls to most international landlines
- Incoming calls ring on the cellphones of all employees, so you don’t miss any calls even when no one is at the office
The transition to a team that works remotely and effectively is not always easy. After researching optimizing our processes, these tools have proven to be essential, and we use them daily. We hope you find them useful! Don’t hesitate to let us know your impressions, or your questions can make remote work better.