We’ve designed this Buying a wig Tips Guide to help you see more clearly in the world of hair prosthesis. Indeed, the wig offer is abundant and you could quickly find yourself lost when making your choice. Which length, which fiber, which cap to choose? And once you’ve made your purchase, how do you maintain your wig? What are the actions to avoid? Is it possible to modify your wig?
Your wig purchase may be motivated by Rice Water for Hair loss, a need to change your hairstyle or to protect your hair. These different reasons will have very different purchasing logic. Our wig guide will introduce them to you.
To hide hair loss.
The purchase of a wig is very often the consequence of hair loss that one tries to hide (case of frontal baldness). This alopecia can be caused by old age, illness, stress or even chemotherapy treatment. In the case of chemo, hair loss is not systematic and depends on the products used. But when it does occur, it is about 2 weeks after the start of treatment. The term medical wig is then used to designate models suitable for people affected by these alopecia.
To change your hairstyle.
The purchase of colored wigs also allows a change of hairstyle, length or colors for an evening or on a daily basis. You can wear a wig very well without having a shaved head or even short hair. It can prevent you from exposure to chemicals.
As a protective hairstyle.
Wearing a wig can help your hair grow faster and less breakage by protecting it from over-pulled hairstyles and daily shampooing. Your hair prosthesis will then act as a protective hairstyle.
To avoid chemicals.
With a wig you can change your hair color without applying coloring or discoloration and preserve your hair fiber. It is possible to have a different type of hair without using straightening, straightening or perming. All of these techniques to transform your hair are done through the use of chemicals that modify your hair. These products very often degrade the quality of your hair and some are composed of elements harmful to health (metal salts, irritating and potentially carcinogenic molecules). These elements can end up on your head and enter your body. By using a wig, you will prevent your scalp from being exposed to such toxic products. So you will change your look without your hair undergoing any transformation.
If you are having chemotherapy treatment, you usually have a short time between noticing it and the start of hair loss. This raises the question of the right time to buy your wig.
When to choose your wig?
Faced with the announcement of chemo, many questions and uncertainties assail you. In these conditions it is not easy to see clearly. When is the right time to choose your wig? Where to buy it?
Anticipate your hair loss.
We recommend that you anticipate hair loss in order to buy your wig. You will have more peace of mind for your fittings and will not be under the stress of an emergency. In addition, it will be easier for you to choose a wig similar to your current cut (length and hair color). With this choice, you will limit the psychological impact of this hair transformation and experience this episode of life with a little more gentleness.
When your alopecia becomes a handicap.
There are many causes of alopecia. This is sometimes temporary but most of the time definitive. When it cannot be treated and becomes a social handicap, the acquisition of a hair prosthesis may become necessary. Its purchase is reimbursed up to 60% when your alopecia reaches stage 3 of the Ludwig classification (100% reimbursement if the alopecia is the result of a long-term condition).
Which wig to choose?
To choose a wig, the main criteria to take into account are: the shape of the face, the size of the wig, the nature of the fiber, the material of the cap and finally the length, color and texture of the hair.
How do I choose a wig for my face?
The hairstyle of your wig should harmonize with the shape of your face. However, a cut may be fine for you and not follow these principles.
– Oval face: the features are harmonious, the face well proportioned. If you have an oval face your choice is simple, all hairstyles and therefore all wigs are likely to suit you!
– Round face: cheeks are full, forehead and jaw rounded. Make-up artists recommend a cut for a round face that lengthens or refines the face. A wig whose hairstyle, unstructured, is adorned with a strand or an asymmetrical fringe will highlight a round face.
– Square face: the forehead and jaw are broad, the features are straight. If your face is square, we advise you to opt for a wig that rounds the angles by means of an unstructured cut, for example. Or choose headband wigs that elongate the face, with volume on the top of the head.
– Oblong face: the face has an elongated rectangular shape. The forehead is large and the chin long and slender. Turn to a cut that widens your face with volume at the sides. A fringe that will break the length will be particularly suitable. As well as wavy and curly hair that will reduce the lines of the face.
– Triangle Face: Aim for cuts that slim the wide part and thicken the narrowest part of your face (chin if the triangle is facing down and forehead if it is facing up, an inverted triangle).
– Rectangular face: it is a longer square face. We recommend a wig that rounds the angles of your face and adds volume to the sides.
So are you ready to buy one?