Most of our daily skin care routine ends at cleansing and moisturising. We often forget that just like our body, our facial skin needs special nourishment in the form of face serums. Serums are important to repair your skin cares from deep inside. Moreover, it specifically aids in improving skin tone and reducing blemishes while keeping the skin well-moisturised. If you wish to keep your skin supple and healthy looking, keep reading to know how a face serum can help. In this article, we are going to share some expert advice on how to use a facial serum to achieve the best results.
What is a Face Serum?
Facial serum forms an essential part of your skin care routine. It is a nutrient rich skin care product that works to enhance your skin tone. Basically, these are light-weight moisturisers known to address several skin concerns such as early signs of aging, pores clogging, acne, and skin dullness. Active ingredients such as glycolic acid, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid are the main constituents of a face serum. These ingredients promote deeper penetration to deliver the best results to your skin.
Types of serums
Based on a specific function, there are different types of serums. Therefore, when choosing a facial serum, you should always focus on your specific skin issue. For instance, a face brightening serum should be opted for to improve skin radiance.
For dry skin, vitamin E-rich serum with glycolic acid and hyaluronic acid works well. It keeps your skin hydrated by enhancing its moisture retention. Additionally, for people struggling with acne issues, a serum with ingredients like vitamin c, salicylic acid, aloe vera, and retinol is efficacious. These constituents combat acne and reduce skin inflammation as well as clogged pores.
Likewise, to reduce signs of aging, an anti-ageing serum rich in antioxidants and fruit extracts is the best choice.
How to use the serum?
- Serums should be used regularly as a part of your skin care routine.
- Take a pea-sized amount and apply a thin layer all over your face with a light massage until the serum gets absorbed into your skin.
- Using serum in more than the recommended amount can affect your skin. So make sure to stick to the right quantity.
- Before applying serum, cleanse and tone your skin properly. This will help remove impurities and will promote better absorption of the serum.
- Moisturization should be followed by serum application to instigate quick penetration of nutrients into your skin surface.
- Similar to anti-ageing cream, use the serum in all areas that need improvement such as areas with visible fine lines and wrinkles, forehead, sides of your mouth, etc.
- Use serum according to directions provided by its manufacturer. Some serums are effective to be used at night only while some may be for daytime use.
Serums are wonderful products formulated to keep your skin look young and rejuvenated. Constant exposure to environmental hazards and the sun can deprive your skin of essential nutrients. In such situations, a facial serum is the best option to restore your skin health and youthfulness.