Developing a tailored mobile app requires a lot of money, effort, and time. However, a feature-intense, tailored mobile app can amplify a business in various ways while generating a high ROI over time. It can help in increasing the revenue by increasing sales or possibly generating a new revenue stream. An app also helps improve engagement, communication and community by acquainting the audience about the business. A customized app allows a business to connect with the customers on a 24/7 basis thereby increasing engagement and can easily reach a vast audience. An app also helps in increasing brand awareness extensively and enhancing the mobile marketing strategy.
In order to develop a profitable mobile application, it is essential to follow a systematic approach. Following are the basic steps that should be pursued through the process of mobile application development firm:
- Identify the problem and outline the objectives accordingly.
- Set down the features and functionalities that are required in the application.
- Research about the competitors extensively.
- Design Wireframes and Use Cases.
- Review and test the Wireframes.
- Choose a Development Method.
- Design the Mobile App.
- Test the Mobile App.
- Launch the Mobile App.
- Analyze user feedback and regularly update and maintain the app.
In order to ensure customer satisfaction and ease of use, it is quite necessary that the app runs across various mobile operating systems. In addition, the app should run smoothly across all the platforms. Along with it, the design should be consistent.
Benefits of Cross-Platform Apps:
- Reusability of code: Cross-Platform apps allow running a mobile application on more than one platform, thereby eradicating the need to replicate the task of creating codes.
- Increase the reach: Due to their ability to target multiple platforms, these apps help businesses to maximize their reach.
- Reduced Cost of Development: Building apps across platforms reduces the cost of development as the single codebase can be utilized to implement the same functionality.
- Ease of Maintenance and Deployment: Cross-Platform apps turn out to be easy to maintain and distribute. An error in the codebase can be rectified right there without going over to multiple platforms to correct it.
- Speedy Development: As the code needs to be written once, this helps in a faster development process and also the development efforts are reduced by 50-80%.
- Cloud Integration: Cross-Platform Apps can be easily integrated across cloud settings due to the built-in plugins and extensions. This further enhances the app’s capability and scalability.
- Customizability: Cross-platform apps can be easily customized according to the platform requirements.
- Uniform Design: Cross-platform apps employ a uniform user interface that is similar across multiple platforms.
This brings us to our next question – How to convert an e-commerce store in to
Android or iOS app into a cross-platform app?
Well, an established cross-platform app development company that also has expertise in developing Android and iOS apps can easily do so. In order to develop such apps, in an economical and much more competent way, React Native mobile app development method has become a popular choice.
React Native – An Introduction:
Exporting Native Android & iOS App to React Native
Creating a React Native app entails writing code within the framework, however, if you wish to create two versions of the app i.e. one for Android and one for iOS, you can either opt to code in React Native or you can add a single view to the current native app. Following is a step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: In order to convert an Android app to iOS using React Native, a splash screen will need to be added with an app icon.
- Step 2: Begin by cloning and installing all necessary libraries. Then it could be commanded as a React Native-based Android in order to be applied to any installed Android emulator or phone.
- Step 3: Carry on with configuring authentication for the React Native-based iOS app.
- Step 4: Test run the application using iOS Simulator.
- Step 5: Tweak the style in the application.
- Step 6: Align Icon and Display Name prior to running on the device.
- Step 7: Design a Welcome Screen.
- Step 8: Tender the app to the Apple App Store.
Similarly, in order to create an Android app with React Native, the maven would need to be configured first. After that, you could facilitate auto-linking of configure permissions and native modules. Clean the text traffic before integrating the code. Lastly, you could test the integration and create the app in Android Studio.
Alternatively, you can create a typical React Native application. Prior to publishing the app to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, you could convert the React Native Android app to iOS or vice versa.
However, it is always worthwhile to consult a well-known expert mobile app development company prior to advancing with an app idea or app conversion.
If there is a need to promptly integrate some additional functionality or create a feature for Android and iOS concurrently, React Native components can be of great help in saving time for the application. Moreover, the React Native framework is constantly being updated, and the community around it is flourishing day by day, thereby making it easy to integrate Android and iOS apps with React Native.
It is a widely established belief that in order to create superior quality products, the most reliable way is to build native applications using native tools and programming languages. However, many times app development time can be a significant factor/constraint. Therefore, this solution might be handy, however, it could be tricky to link React Native components with native apps.
If you are contemplating building a native app using React Native or facing any problems in that process, please allow us to help you. We can swiftly integrate Android and iOS apps with React Native without compromising on app performance or functionality.