How do I change My Name?
People believe that the changing of name is not simple. Although it is quite simple that does not actually require any lawyer .It is important that whatever is the reason, you must go through the appropriate legal procedure. If you feel that it is a difficult process for you to handle then you can hire a lawyer but of course, it will take a huge cost. How do I change my name is simply defined in the form of process.
Changing your name means your identity is a serious matter that does not mean it has very difficult procedure. When you set your mind to change your name, you completely abandon your old name. You can however later on you want your old name back. It is easy but not as such like one day you decide to change your name and start using it in all your legal process and procedure.
The first step that you need to take first is to pick the appropriate name for you.
Sit down and figure out which legal name you want to have. There are thousands of names that you like, select the most appropriate name and make sure you feel comfortable with it. It is a decision that adds a new personality to your life, your new identity. Make sure each and everything and give serious thought into a name which you want to use.
Another caution which you need to take is that do not try to sidestep the law by using the name, first wait for the judge to grant you a new name. There is not as much as required to petition the court to grant you a new name. To file the petition, all you need to do is to petition the court is to take a state-compliant name form from your near country clerk. Then your next step is to fill the form, grab a witness, sign it, mention the date and notarize the forms. That’s all you need to do. The legal procedure is done not as such difficult as people wonder.
Once you have petitioned this form, you will get the court date to appear before a judge. In the hearing, the judge will either accept your name or reject it. If the judge gives you a clean chit then you will get the paperwork process from court in order to change your name in all legal documents. Once you will get your new name, you can easily use it in all your legal documents such as bills, license, birth certificate, social security card, etc. Once you have a copy of those vital identification documents for examples then you are allowed to use that name in whatever way you want. All you need to take that judge certified form along with you while applying for any legal documents or license.
Besides this process, it is also crucial that you understand the reason why you change your name.
Following are five reasons people change their names and fulfill this process.
- People usually do name change after divorce; people want to do what they passed by before they were hitched. It could be to eliminate any part of their ex-life partner from their lives on account of a bitter split, or it could be basically to guarantee a new beginning and a point.
- When you get married from which to relaunch your life. Similarly, as taking your companion’s name denotes another period, so will take your old name back. Similarly, getting married is the point at which you may change your name, normally to that of your new life partner. Some people, however, accept the opportunity to keep their old name. This is also a method of keeping away from the clumsiness of revealing to one’s family that they have decided to.
- On moving into the country, a person with an explicitly non-American name may well decide to find a way to receive a more Americanized name. This is a stage that is frequently taken at the stage where the individual applies for naturalization, and during the meeting that happens as a component of this cycle, they may decide to set up a request for name change. The name change will become last once the government court passes the application for naturalization, and can allow the person to be treated as a standard American.
- Changing one’s name shouldn’t be the aftereffect of a change in legitimate conditions. It might very well be the situation that you wish to make a break with your name, because of conditions that make living under the current name troublesome. This might be simply the consequence of major unfriendly exposure for yourself or for someone else with a comparable or indistinguishable name, which could make you be dealt with distinctively and ridiculously.
- Individuals may change their name for business reasons. The inspiration driving this can differ, yet as an example, one may feel that a name which is additionally held by a notable individual working inside their industry, or in one that is at chances with their own, strength causes an unfavorable impact on their business. It is impossible that one will actually want to persuade a court to consent to a pointless name change notwithstanding, so it is insightful to be cautious.
Therefore, the purpose of this blog is to give an overview of How do I change my name. The process is simple but vary according to reasons or factors behind the decision of changing name. You can do all the process on your own but if you feel that it is not your cup of tea then try to hire some lawyers through service provider’s agency to help you in changing your name because they can easily tackle your all petition and handle all the legal matter by their own.