The latest gadgets of Apple from iPhone5 and beyond all come with a “Lightning connector”. Lightning headphones come with a port connector technology that is used in iPhones and iPads. Generally, these connectors are shorter and more compact than the 30-pin iPod connector. Using lightning headphones is more durable as well as has a reversible feature with which you can connect your devices or lightning headphones on a laptop.
However, lightning connectors can transfer data to a computer and even charge your iPhone. Along with this, you can also allow audio (such as music) to be carried over it. But sometimes people get confused that how to connect lightning headphones on the laptop. That’s why we at Headphone Critics have made the overwhelming process an easier one that you are searching for. Get to know the easy steps for how to use your lightning headphones on your laptop.
Steps to Use Lightning Headphones on Laptop
Using lightning headphones with a laptop is not a difficult job. First, you need to check out the USB Port on your laptop or computer. In which the adapters can be of two types:
- The first one ends with compatible with a lightning headphone plug and the other end compatible with a male audio jack. Now you need to connect the lightning headphones to the adapter and the other side with the audio jack of the laptop.
- The second one is the adapter whose one end is compatible with the lightning headphone plug and the other one can be connected to a dedicated USB port of the laptop. Generally, these are called female to USB adapters.
How to use Apple Headphones as a mic on your PC or Laptop?
If you want to use the apple headphones on a laptop or PC as a microphone then it is important to have an adopter for receiving the general audio. But make sure you have selected the Lightning headphones option in your macOS or Windows. Listed are the things you need to use your Apple Ear pods as a mic.
- Earpods with 3.5mm plug
- Lightning to USB-A Connector
- Audio splitter
Make Sure to Check the Types of USB Ports in All Your Devices
Before researching the adopter for connecting the headphones to the laptop it is crucial to know the USB port on your device. In this technological world, there are different types of USB-ports in your devices which make the customer confused about what kind of adopter they need. So, check the types of USB ports on your laptop. Generally, the adapters are available for both USB-A and USB-C ports.
- The USB-A is the standard USB-port on almost all laptops and PCs, It is available in the standard rectangular female port i.e. found on computers and other devices.
- The USB-C is usually found in some new laptops & in recently launched devices. These cables can be used for quick charging in many popular devices, including the MacBook Pro and other Apple products.
We hope that you have got the right information that you are looking for. All the above mentioned are the different ways and tips to know how to connect the lightning headphone to a laptop or PC. Most people complain about the apple products that its compatibility creates issues with another brand. But now it is easily possible with using the adapters.
Thus, get the high-resolution audio played in your lightning headphones. Generally, there are two kinds of problems faced during the apple lightning connector with PCD. Firstly, the electronic accessories become completely incompatible with those who are designed for the older models of Apple devices without an adapter, and the second one is accessories compatible with the Lightning connector were rendered useless for direct usage with any other devices except the few.
Don’t forget to check the type of USB-ports on your devices whether it is type B or C. For more information & details get in contact with us at Headphone Critics and we will help you out with all the technology-related solutions in a short span of time along with 24×7 Customer Support and assistance.