The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test [UPTET] is now set to take place on February 28th, 2021. It paves the way for selected candidates to work as Primary Level Teacher [Class Ist to Vth] and Upper Primary Level Teacher [Class VIth to Class VIIIth] across state schools in Uttar Pradesh.
The application portal will soon open. In this article, we shall present the best UPTET online preparation along with the highly favoured UPTET preparation books you must have to ace the UPTET 2020-21 exam.
The UPTET syllabus is similar to that CTET. There are four sections in Paper 1 and four sections in Paper 2 as mentioned below. In 150 minutes, you will be given 150 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each. Negative marking is not applicable.
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30||150 minutes|
|Environmental Studies *||30||30|
* For UPTET Paper 2, you can have to appear for Science and Mathematics OR Social Sciences for 60 marks in place of Mathematics and Environmental Studies.
UPTET Online Preparation: Tips
The following pointers explore the tips and strategies you should take the aid of for UPTET Paper 1 preparation as well as Paper 2. The difficulty level of the overall paper in the last year was said to be moderate. An attempt of 110-120 out of 150 is considered safe.
UPTET Study Plan: Child Development & Pedagogy [CDP]
- Topics: Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs, Development and relationship with learning, Principles of children’s development, Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds, Learning & Pedagogy, How Children Think and learn, Motivation and learning, learning factors [personal & environmental], etc.
- The CDP section on the UPTET Syllabus is instrumental in both the Papers and can make or break your exam. Further, it also helps in understanding pedagogy portions of other sections. Topics like Development and its relationship to learning, inclusive education and progressive education are asked profusely. Make sure you attempt 24-27 questions out of 30.
- Theories like Thorndike’s Trial and Error Theory, Reflex theory, Skinner’s Operant Conditioning Theory of Learning, Piaget theory, Vygotsky’s theories etc. are also a crucial portion for UPTET Paper 1 preparation and Paper 2
- UPTET preparation books: UPTET Child Development and Pedagogy by Kiran Publication, CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II) by Arihant Publication, etc.
UPTET Study Plan: Mathematics
- Topics: Ratio & Proportion, Functions & Linear Equations, Number System, Speed & Distance, Simplification, Percentages, Series, Simple & Compound Interest, Probability, Data Interpretation, Geometry, Permutation, Combination, Shapes, Spatial Understanding, Logical thinking, Language of mathematics, Understanding Children’s thinking styles and patterns, Community Mathematics, Problems of teaching, etc.
- Mathematics is integral in UPTET Paper 1 preparation as well as Paper 2. The difficultly level of the section in the past years has been moderate to tough.
- UPTET online preparation for this section must be done in three phases. First, complete the foundational portions, that is, BODMAS, percentages, averages, profit and loss etc. Follow this up with advanced topics such as data interpretation, probability, Geometry, etc. In the last phase, delve into pedagogy topics. Try to think like a teacher and relate to the problems you might be facing while solving the questions.
- UPTET preparation books: A Complete Resource for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy by Pearson Education, CTET/STET: Paper-II by Pearson Publication, Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal, etc.
UPTET Study Plan: Social Sciences [For Paper 2]
- Topics: History-Ancient History [Early Societies, Culture and Science, etc.], Medieval History [Kings & Kingdoms, Architecture, etc.], Modern History [Colonialism, Tribal Societies, 1857 Revolt, Nationalist movement, India after 1947, etc.], Geography– Earth, Air, Water, Humans, Resources, Agriculture, etc. Social & Political Life- Democracy, Media, Gender, Judiciary, Social Justice, etc. Pedagogy-Nature & Concept of Social Sciences, Critical Thinking & Analysis, Problems & teaching Social Sciences, Evaluation, Challenges, etc.
- Social Sciences will be asked in 60 marks. As per last year, it had a moderate difficulty and 40-45 questions is a good attempt.
- Owing to the vast nature of the UPTET Syllabus for Social Science, try to incorporate creative learning techniques such as flow charts, puzzles, quizzes, diagrams and mind maps. This boosts your memory and recall skills. Further, engage in group discussion, feedback sessions and other UPTET online preparation tools to get to the depths of any topic.
- UPTET preparation books: CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2019 by Arihant Publication, Social Studies by Disha Publication, etc.
UPTET Study Plan: Language [Hindi] and Language [English/Sanskrit//Urdu]
- Topics: English grammar, Reading Comprehension, Language Development Pedagogy, Principles and challenges of Language teaching, language skills, Teaching-learning materials, Remedial teaching, Evaluating language comprehension & proficiency etc.
- The reading comprehension portion of language carries heavy weightage. Therefore, try to isolate the various elements in the presented passage, for instance, Passage’s Theme, Author’s Idea, arguments and counter-arguments and conclusion, among others. Gauge its tone whether it is written in rhetorical, descriptive, narrative or conversational tone. This is an important tip for UPTET Paper 1 preparation as well as Paper 2.
- UPTET preparation books: UPTET English Language By Pearson Publication – Geeta Sahni, ‘Objective General English’ by S.P. Bakshi, Objective English for Competitive Examinations by McGraw-Hill Publications, Hindi Language by Arihant Publications
UPTET Study Plan: Science [For Paper 2]
- Topics: Food [Sources, Components, etc.], Materials, Moving Things, People and Ideas, Living World, How Thing Work [Magnets, Electricity], Natural Resources & Phenomena, Science Pedagogy [Understanding and Appreciating Science, Nature of Science, Observation & Discovery, Innovation, Evaluation, Problems, etc.
- In Paper 2, along with Mathematics, you will also Science questions. Fundamental physics, chemistry and biology are asked upon. Refer to NCERT books or the relevant standard. For the pedagogy portion, attempt short tests. This will help in improving efficiency and time management as well.
- UPTET preparation books: Child Development and Pedagogy for CTET & TETs (Paper-I & II) by Arihant Publications, A Complete Resource for CTET (Language I): English and Pedagogy by Pearson Publication, etc.
UPTET Study Plan: Environmental Studies
- Topics: Scope & significance of EVS, Importance of environmental education, Teaching Approaches, Relationships, Family and Foods, work and play, Components of environment and other major terms, pedagogical issues, practical projects, discussion, etc.
- Along with the various environmental concepts, you also need to appreciate the need and ways of conservation of environment and wildlife. Terms like sustainability, renewable and non-renewable, anthropocentrism, etc. are keywords. Further, relating to the teaching tools you have and analyze how you can make the students understand better.
- UPTET preparation books: CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy by Arihant Publications, Environmental Studies by Wiley Publications, etc.
All the best.