PRP hair injections are the Platelet Rich Plasma injections used to restore your hair. The PRP is obtained from the patient’s blood. This procedure is helpful for people who are suffering from hair loss but at the same time have sluggish hair follicles present.
People, who consider the treatment often inquire, is PRP hair painful? Any procedure that involves injections will naturally be painful. However, as a result of some discomfort, if you achieve your dream look, I don’t think undergoing pain is not worth it. You can search online for quality & affordable PRP hair treatment in Islamabad which can a very economical solution for you.
How is PRP treatment performed?
PRP treatment for hair loss is a procedure performed on an outpatient basis. The main steps it follows are:
- Drawing blood
- Rolling it in a centrifuge to separate its components
- Collecting the platelet-rich plasma
- Injecting the platelet-rich plasma on afflicted areas into the scalp.
The procedure is as simple as mentioned above. However, what concerns patients mostly is the pain and discomfort they will have to go through.
Is PRP effective for hair loss?
PRP is an effective hair loss treatment for those suffering from hair fall. This process does not grow hair from scratch but can stimulate the dormant hair follicles available on the scalp.
One session might not be enough to produce satisfactory results. So, mostly PRP injections require follow-up sessions every 4-6 weeks depending upon the number of sessions you need.
Moreover, PRP injections are given in conjunction with hair growth medications to boost the hair development process. The success rate of PRP injections is 70%-90%.
Is PRP hair painful? How to soothe the pain after the procedure?
As the procedure might be intimidating, a few steps will be taken by your doctor to lessen the pain for you, during and after the procedure.
- You will be applied local anesthesia to numb the treatment area and decrease the discomfort.
- Syringes with thin needles are used to alleviate post-treatment aches.
- Pain relief medications will be prescribed by your surgeon to help to tackle post-procedure pain.
- Moreover, the natural elements present in our blood and the PRP serum (hepatocyte growth factor) help ease swelling and discomfort.
- Sometimes during the preparation of PRP serum, epinephrine is added to it. Epinephrine is an anti-clotting agent which helps to decrease the chances of discomfort and allergic reactions.
You can ask your doctor beforehand that is PRP painful. He will inform you about how painful the procedure is.
These are a few post-procedure steps to control pain:
- Pain-relieving medicines.
- Pain-relieving creams and lotion.
- Ice packs
- Hot baths
Regarding ice packs and hot baths, your dermatologist will instruct you. Follow his instructions on how and when you use ice packs to soothe the pain. Similarly, take proper advice from the doctor as to when you should take a warm shower to relieve pain and soreness.
Is PRP hair treatment risky?
PRP treatment is a hair treatment that is safe and does not produce any side effects. However, a few of the possible risks include:
These are a few side effects that might occur but not for everyone. Every individual has a different reaction to the treatment.
PRP treatment for hair loss is not suitable for everyone. People with serious health problems, including diabetes, scalp infections, people on blood thinners, and even people with low platelet levels, are not eligible for the treatment.
When you decide to take PRP injections, consult your dermatologist. Your doctor will advise the number of sessions required for your desired look and also examine if you are a good candidate. PRP hair therapy is a wonderful solution for those who cannot receive hair transplants.