We are now in the 21st century where online teaching plays a major role in our everyday life. With the rising and evolving technology, many new gates are opened for the progress of various sectors. One such field where technology has taken a center stage is Online education. As we know due to the worldwide pandemic, all the schools, colleges and universities are instructed to conduct online teaching. While this approach is followed by all, the need for online education was witnessed a few years ago. Individuals who either couldn’t afford the traditional classroom approach or who couldn’t attend the classes due to work or other responsibilities have adopted distance learning.
This pandemic has made everyone realize that virtual learning is the new upcoming approach that will form a significant part of the education sector in the future. This is mainly because of the various benefits that it offers to an individual.
Let us take a look at the benefits that online teaching has to offer:
- The primary benefit is you get to conduct and attend the classes as per your convenience. The whole process becomes hassle-free as teachers and students can sync their timing and conduct the classes anytime.
- Location is not an issue when it comes to online education as far as you have an internet connection and a computer/laptop.
- This approach is cost-effective for both teachers and students. Teachers can save money spent on traveling. On the other hand, students can save money on purchasing books, study materials and paying heavy fees to educational institutes.
- Students can take online classes and refer to study materials that are present on the internet. There is a lot of information that is available on the internet in the form of videos, text, presentations, ebooks, etc. Students can take advantage of this and can learn from various sources.
As we know the traditional approach follows a particular syllabus that contains information from a specific book. This is not feasible as students get access to limited knowledge and the focus is only given to certain topics. In an online approach, with the use of various technologies students can learn many new things and keep themselves updated. Interactive and innovative learning will get the students far ahead in their education and career.
One needs to embrace technology to its fullest and understand what online education has to offer us. The next important aspect of online learning is an online Learning platform. Choosing a good platform is a crucial step for conducting a smooth online class. The advancements in various technologies have given rise to many platforms that teachers and students can make use of. Each of these platforms is unique and has its benefits. An online platform should contain certain qualities that help both teachers and students conduct the classes easily.
What are the qualities that an ideal teaching platform should offer?
- An online teaching platform should be user-friendly i.e. teachers and students should be able to use it simply.
- The platform should be collaborative which should be able to connect teachers and students from all over the world. Teachers should be able to search and connect with their potential students and make the overall learning process easier.
- The platform should be total secure i.e. it should provide secure video broadcasting.
- The platform should contain various options to let students connect with their teachers and ask questions freely.
Many platforms offer collaborative tools like asking questions live via chats or messages. There are various options provided to teachers that lets them conduct online classes effectively. They can choose from live and recorded classes. In a live environment, teachers can teach students real-time on a face to face level. This approach makes the entire process more interactive as students can ask their doubts freely to the teachers. Students will feel that they are a part of the actual classroom and that the teachers are present to help them.
On the other hand, Recorded classes are those in which the lectures are already pre-recorded. Opting for live or recorded classes depends on the teachers and students. There are many online teaching software available online that will help teachers and students to conduct classes seamlessly.
Technology has been beneficial to not only online teaching but also online assessments. Today, teachers have to sit with bundles of exam papers to evaluate students. This is quite hectic as checking a single paper in a stipulated amount of time is not possible. The burden on teachers can be reduced by various online assessment software that is available. Teachers have to just enter the details of students and the rest is taken care of by these software’s. The whole process reduces the amount, cost and burden of the management. Therefore, technology plays an important role here as well.
With the rise in online learning, many tech firms have flourished even in these difficult times where almost every sector is in bad shape. More and more students are opting for online education which gives the opportunity to these firms to grow even more. These firms create many online teaching software that students can take advantage of. They make sure that students have access to education by using these software’s.
To conclude, it can be said that online education is a boon in this digital era. We live in this technology-driven world and by opting for virtual learning access to education has become easy. Students and teachers can make use of the best online teaching platform for free to make use of free resources available online. Similarly, teachers can opt for this flexible and good paying option that will help them improve their technical skills and will benefit them in the long run.