Ergonomics at Home is letting people balance better their Professional and Personal Life.
Post pandemic the culture of working has shifted from office to home. It has been studied that it has turned out to be beneficial for both the employees and organizations. Employees are feeling comfortable at home and manage their personal life as well.
Ergonomic furniture is scientifically designed based on the study of the human body. The main purpose is to provide comfort to the user and ensure that no health issues are faced by him or her while working. Ergonomic furniture especially gives support to the lower back, neck, and arms.
Let us know it better in the below points:
- The headrest relaxes the shoulder and neck muscles.
- The back support is helping in maintaining the natural ‘S’ shape of the spinal cord.
- The arm support is relaxing forearm muscles.
- The right sitting posture user can save his or her knees.
- Switching between sitting and standing positions by using Sit and Standing desk, the user can have his legs function properly.
Some common Ergonomic furniture is mentioned below:
- Working Chair
- Sit and Standing desk
- Monitor Riser
- Desk Riser
- Retractable Keyboard and Mouse tray
- Ergonomic Meeting Pod
Ergonomic furniture nurtures employees’ physical health and assuring a safe work environment. Prioritizing health and therefore avoiding the risk of serious health problems like arthritis, slip disk, obesity, etc.
Ergonomic furniture is not only taking care of physical health but also mental health. It let user work in peace, without distractions, and with improved concentration. It ultimately lets the user perform better on the job and results in professional growth. Also keeps the user stress-free and minimizes the risk of depression.
Ergonomic furniture encourages natural body movement, is free from strife or stress, and keeping users healthy and happy.
Work From Home
Can an employee now save his or her time of commute or travel? Can he or she save on money spent on vehicle maintenance or fuel? Can literally an employee get a complete salary by not going to the office for a single day?
The answer is ‘Yes’.
The movement has started and employees are working from home for their organizations. Not only this, but organizations also want their employees to work from home and manage work as per their convenience and comfort. This is helping organizations financially by saving money on infrastructure, electricity bills, beverage expenses, and others. The new paths where the organizations are heading is not certain, but by far it is seen that it is not impacting the growth of the business, it is appreciated.
Same time it is a good chance for employees as well. It is benefiting them by saving money on travel to the office, vehicle maintenance, clothing, etc. Not only this it has been analyzed that the work environment can be controlled better at home, instead of the office.
The Best Way to Work From Home
When an employee is working from home then surely he or she needs proper set up so that the working and family members are not disturbed and can be managed in a good manner.
The best way to Work From Home is by following below steps:
- Flexible Working Hours: Working hours can be flexible as per the family situation or schedule; ensuring that the work is not compromised.
- Maintaining Work-Life Balance: An employee must manage to give sufficient time to both work and family, but should not mix them by sitting with them and working same time.
- Micro Breaks: Micro breaks between work should be taken, at least once an hour to regain the energy level.
- Managing Good Diet: Another advantage which can be taken by working from home is managing a good diet by eating fresh and having something to drink or eat, whenever needed.
- Ideal Body Posture should be maintained while working: Adopting the correct way of sitting and standing while working so that health is not impacted. Specifying correct ways in below points:
- The top of the monitor should be in front of the eyes.
- Keyboard or mouse within reach of arms.
- Arms should be at a 90-degree angle.
- Back support, the headrest should be taken at least for part of the time.
- The footrest can also be used.
- While using sit and standing desk, the user can shift the weight of the body between legs or stand straight.
Tips on Home Office Ergonomics
Please find the tips mentioned below to manage Home Office Ergonomics:
- Selection of Work Space at Home: Define a space at home that is separate, preferably a corner or a small room, as per the feasibility. A dedicated space won’t let you distract and also won’t bother your family members with your work.
- Setup system with Family’s consent: Family members to be involved in setting up a workstation at home. This will engage them and they will have respect for your work environment and will support you to do it the way you should or you want to do it.
- Ergonomic Furniture: Selection of an Ergonomic office chair, sit and standing desk, Monitor risers, footrest, etc. for comfort while working. It will ensure that there are no health issues and working can continue with a happy and healthy mind and body.
- Office Accessories: An employee can use a whiteboard mounted on the nearby wall for rough analysis, a plant for positivity, a calendar to keep a check on the To-Do list, Sticky Notes for reminders, etc. This will build an office environment and develop dedication towards the job.
Work From Home is a necessity and also the choice for both organization and employees. Looking at the best ways to adopt it and tips, we can say that things are easier with Ergonomic Furniture.