Nowadays, all areas of business are actively developing, so almost every developing company quickly faces the need to implement information systems that will help optimize some part of the company’s work.
This is necessary to remain a competitive organization and reduce the resources used in production. One of the tools for accomplishing this important task is the implementation of an ERP system in a company. In this article, we will explain what it is, what are the advantages of such solutions, and how to determine if your company needs them.
An example of such product is Odoo ERP, which is very popular in Europe and has recently entered the US market. It is possible to find experienced Odoo developers who will solve the problem of implementing the system in your company and adapt existing modules or develop new ones based on your individual needs.
Table of Contents
What is ERP and what are the benefits?
Enterprise Resource Planning is a software product that provides a comprehensive solution for business management. Such a system collects data from various business departments: finance, production, purchasing, warehouse, sales, human resources, and so on. This allows you to get all the information and manage tasks in one place.
ERP can be applied to almost any business with the possibility of adding or expanding functionality. This scalability is especially important for medium and large companies.
Here are the main advantages that a company gains by using such a solution:
- Unify all the company’s business processes in one program;
- Receive timely information about the company’s activities;
- Control the work of all departments;
- Facilitate communication between departments;
- Plan material needs of the company;
- Control transactions;
- Reduce operating costs;
- Simplify communication with clients.
In short, the implementation of ERP systems in a company makes it possible to get a complete picture of the functioning of the company, as well as to automate many routine manual processes and increase their efficiency.
How to recognize your company needs ERP
As a business grows, the individual processes that used to take a minimum amount of time to manage become large volumes of information. In today’s reality, this is relevant even for small businesses because we live in the information age.
Here are some signs that your company will benefit from an ERP implementation
- Employees spend a lot of time on routine and simple tasks;
- Managers have difficulty getting up-to-the-minute information to make urgent decisions;
- You use too many disparate products and programs that do not share data;
- There is no objective and timely data on inventory levels, financial movements, goods, etc.
- You cannot study and analyze reports outside the office; you are tied to a specific workstation.
- Documents and reports take a long time to prepare, information becomes outdated
- Sales process and communication with customers is difficult to track
- It is difficult for different departments of the company to interact with each other.
- There is not a high enough level of control over personnel actions.
The Bottom Line
Many growing companies ignore the importance of investing in technology and stick with outdated solutions. But if you want to improve your business management, an ERP system would be a good solution.
It will allow the company to collect, store, and analyze information from multiple departments on a single platform. This will make managers’ lives easier, business operations more transparent, and employees more productive.