The eye is one of the most sensitive and complex organs in our body that needs extreme care to prevent any problems or abnormalities. There are various reasons due to which vision problems can arise; the most common reasons are the age; however, there can be many other factors that can lead to blurred vision. So, it becomes essential to take preventive measures to keep your eyes healthy. It is worth noting that by protecting eyes, you can reduce the odds of blindness and vision loss. Maintaining good care of your eyes helps in minimizing the risk of any chronic eye diseases such as glaucoma. It is a condition that damages your eye’s optic nerve, and it is linked to a buildup of pressure inside your eye, if left untreated, the patient may lose partial vision and even become blind.
Acute angle-closure glaucoma that is also known as narrow-angle glaucoma is a severe medical condition. Some of the most commonly observed symptoms are as follows:
- It starts with Severe Eye Pain
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Redness in your eye
- Sudden Vision Disturbances
- Seeing Colored Rings Around sources of Lights
There is a range of causes of glaucoma, some of the most common reasons are as follows:
- Dilating Eye Drops
- Blocked or Restricted Drainage in Your Eye
- Use of medications, such as corticosteroids
- Low or reduced blood flow to your optic nerve
- Have a family history of glaucoma
- Have a low vision or suffering from diabetes
- Take certain steroid medications such as prednisone
- Have had an injury to your eye or eyes
- Have corneas that are thinner than usual
- Have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, or sickle cell anemia
- Have high eye pressure
- Patient of nearsighted or farsighted
There are two types of glaucoma, commonly known are as follows:
- Open-angle Glaucoma
- Angle-closure Glaucoma
- Open-Angle Glaucoma- This is the most common type of glaucoma, also known as wide-angle glaucoma. In this, your eye structure in your eye looks fine, but fluid doesn’t flow out as it should.
- Angle Closure Glaucoma– In this disease, your eye doesn’t drain like it should because the drain space between your iris and cornea becomes too narrow that leads to a buildup of pressure in your eye.
Now let us look at the treatments, there are various types of medications out there, but the most common one out is Restasis, this medication is used to treat high pressure inside the eye. It helps in lowering high blood pressure inside the eye helps to prevent blindness. Click 90daymeds.com for more information.
Look taking medication must be the last in your list, first, try to take proper care of your eye so that you don’t need to consult any doctor or require any other kind of special care. Eyes are the most vital and at the same time prone to injuries, so it becomes essential to take proper care of your eye during the early part of your age so that you can soak the entire beauty of outer space without any pause or hindrance.