The allure, notoriety, and the art of craftsmanship. All of this and more awaits those who choose a career as a fashion designer. But the question is whether this passion for designing clothes, shoes, interior designing, and other aspects of the fashion industry are enough to make you a decent fashion designer? It is a highly competitive industry advancing at an exponential rate with the addition of diverse innovative concepts and trends on a daily basis. It’s quite overwhelming for students to decide the type of qualifications that are ideal for a career in the fashion industry. You can apply for a BA fashion course with diverse specializations and seal your spot within this industry. You can opt for any of these qualifications mentioned below:
- Certification courses: You can start this journey by pursuing certification courses specially designed to cater to the needs of professionals who wish to advance their fashion careers in a particular specialized area. These courses are designed to synchronize with the latest trends and help people develop a deeper understanding of things that are new and innovative concepts in the fashion industry.
- Bachelor’s in fashion: If you have recently completed your higher secondary education and are enthusiastic about pursuing a career in the fashion industry, then you must consider enrolling for a bachelor’s program in fashion. If you want to do more than just work in the fashion industry, then these bachelor programs are perfect for learning the fundamentals of this specialized area. It will offer you a platform to understand the dynamics of the fashion industry including design history, drawing, sketching, shoe designing, textile specialization, managing a fashion house, planning fashion events, scheduling shows, and many other related aspects of this specialized area.
- Master’s in fashion degree: Students who pursue a bachelor’s program often go for a master’s degree in fashion as it offers them a plethora of specializations to develop an expertise in a specialized area and to become an expert in the fashion industry. It’s the most reliable path to advance your knowledge and to upgrade your expertise on the subject.
- Foundation course in design and creative business: This foundation course focuses primarily on the business aspect of this creative industry rather than the creativity factor. Some of the key industry concepts like marketing, creative business, design, fashion, art, visual culture, and branding are incorporated into its curriculum. Graduates in such foundation courses work in diverse domains including app developer, event planner, business development manager, independent business owners, entrepreneur, retail managers, HR manager, web broadcaster, information designer, picture editor, graphic designer, office managers, and many other specialized areas.
- Diploma in fashion, media, and promotion: This diploma is ideal for those seeking employment as a fashion conversationalist, media consultant, or fashion entrepreneur in the swiftly advancing fashion industry. The course has been designed to assist students in developing their own personal style and to train them for a variety of contemporary careers in the fashion business. It focuses on promotional activities including styling, carnations, photography, image-making, creative direction, imaginative installations, exhibitions, advertising strategies, moving image, sales, marketing, performances, and many others.
If you are aiming for a career in the fashion industry, then you must gear up with all the industry-specific skills, participate in networking events, find your niche, and pursue a relevant degree in fashion. You have to consider all the available resources before signing up for a particular degree in fashion. So, sign up for the course!